Saturday, March 12, 2016

Well, hello again.

 
“It's always hard when you've known a person a long time and then you have to recognise that you have nothing left in common but your memories.” 
― Eva HellerBeim nächsten Mann wird alles anders
Wow, I've really let the place go.

A few years have passed since I last posted anything to this blog. In the interim, I lost my father and my job. And, for a while, I didn't have anything to say. Life was enough. So during that time, the blog sat. It's been used and abandoned. I don't call, I don't visit, and I haven't written in years. Since I never really had a huge audience, I'm pretty sure it wasn't missed. But that's not why I'm here.

I'm here because like so many bloggers, I am under the illusion that I have something to say. Well, that's not the illusion. The illusion is that we all feel we have something of value to say. Some have a burning point of view that the world needs to hear. That's not my case.

I'm driven by narratives that come to me. Sometimes, I have traces of words that string together into short essays. I love language and the magic or harm that it can do. A subtle twist or turn can shape a perception a thousand miles away.

So, being the fool I am, I've decided to return to this place. I'm going to knit together some prose and throw it out there. Take it or leave it. I'll try to make it worth your while. If you see something you like, let me know. If not, come around again. Maybe something will earn your interest. Until then. The proof will be in the blogging. I hope you'll join me.

-marty

No comments:

Post a Comment